Help!!!

Tony
Site Admin

Help!!!

Post by Tony »

As far as I know nobody has yet reached this stage but just in case:

If you're quite sure you are unable to finish your kit, if you have parts in the wrong place, damaged the PCB or just can't find out why it won't work and have given up, I will for a nominal fee plus postage costs repair or exchange your kit for a completed and working PCB.

As it's still probably going to be quite expensive due to the shipping cost only consider this as a last resort. I don't want anyone to be left with a useless kit so if you have no other option, it's there.
Stephend

Re: Help!!!

Post by Stephend »

Hi Tony
I have assembled the board for the thermometer I think I have got everything in the right place and the right way round but when I got to the part when it is time to connect a meter to the board to test it nothing happens (no reading no led's light up) I have noticed that the chip in the IC 2 socket is quite high up in it's socket compared to the other one so do you think trimming a little off of the legs would help? Also I think I have the surface mounted chip IC4 the right way round but if not would removing it and fitting it the other way round make any difference or damage it.

Thanks

Stephen Dixey
Tony
Site Admin

Re: Help!!!

Post by Tony »

Hi,
You can trim the IC pins (the ceramic version of the K155ID1 has very long pins) but it won't be the problem. Check your 5V supply is working, if so check your meter fuse. If IC4 was the wrong way round it would soon let you know (smoke etc.)