Case Assembly discussion

Tony
Site Admin

Case Assembly discussion

Post by Tony »

Suggestions for improvements, mistakes, hints here please.
maclark88

Re: Case Assembly discussion

Post by maclark88 »

Tony, I'm done with the clock and it appears top work exactly as the instructions say. The problem I am having is the shinny cover just before the top plate is so opaque that the hand gestures never work. As soon as I take the cover off it works. Are the blue leds tricking it?. I dine have heart shrink so I covered the sensor with a straw I colored black.
Tony
Site Admin

Post by Tony »

The straw may be getting crushed when the lid is on. It may look opaque but to IR it's a piece of clear glass - try it in front of a cheap phone camera (they usually don't have IR blocking filters). You might find a piece of cable insulation a better solution.
maclark88

Post by maclark88 »

Tony wrote:The straw may be getting crushed when the lid is on. It may look opaque but to IR it's a piece of clear glass - try it in front of a cheap phone camera (they usually don't have IR blocking filters). You might find a piece of cable insulation a better solution.
Tony, you were right. I made a short tube out of some rubberized tape and made sure it mated flush with the cover piece. IR does get through the cover and the issue was my choice of material to hide the internal distracting light. It wasn't sufficient. All is well. This has been a delightful kit to assemble!. Freaking awesome.