Permissions/Bugs

Discussion for purchasers of our original IN-7 Nixie chessboard

Post Mon Sep 10, 2012 12:08 am

Permissions/Bugs

I do not have permissions to post anything in "General discussion". Just thought I'd let you know. I will delete this when it's fixed (if I have the permissions to do that).

I thought I was a "Global moderator" at first because my username is green, and the legend says global moderators are green. But then I noticed that they are different shades of green... You should change one of their colors to avoid confusion, or just make me a global moderator. ;)
Last edited by The_Ed on Sat Sep 15, 2012 10:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Asperger's... SQUIRREL!

Site Admin

Post Mon Sep 10, 2012 1:15 am

Re: Permissions

There's probably going to be a few problems as it's not really live yet, let me know if you find anything else I need to fix.

Post Mon Sep 10, 2012 4:18 am

"Global moderator" color is fixed - it is blue now.

"General discussion", "Mad science Nixie clock - TBA", and "Desk thermometer TBA" are locked down and only you have permissions to them. Only "General discussion" should be opened though as the other 2 are future project subforums.

I haven't found any other "problems" yet. Just issues that are of no concern to this forum's purpose. If you want I could list them for your review later, but they are trivial.
Asperger's... SQUIRREL!

Post Mon Sep 10, 2012 8:43 pm

The subforums/threads are all unlocked now.

* I do NOT have permissions to delete threads I make, only posts. So this thread will stay up for now.
EDIT: I apparently do NOT have permissions to delete my posts either. I can only delete the last post I've made (probably the last in each thread, and probably only if no-one else has made a post after it).

I know a lot of code languages, but sadly phpBB is not one of them... And I am a bit rusty in the ones I know... (C++ is my favorite)

I wonder where the rest of the Nixie Chessboard buyers are. Have they just not noticed the forum link?
Asperger's... SQUIRREL!

Site Admin

Post Mon Sep 10, 2012 9:34 pm

I've made a standard user account to have a look at these problems but want to get the first few kits out first. I just have to keep juggling things, making a little progress on each as there isn't time to complete one thing...
It does seem you're the only one to have found the link and I don't want to announce it until the bugs are ironed out. Luckily most of it doesn't need direct editing of the code, just setting options. It's a matter of finding out which options to set as there are quite a few levels of authorisation.

Post Sat Sep 15, 2012 3:16 am

The_Ed wrote:The subforums/threads are all unlocked now.

* I do NOT have permissions to delete threads I make, only posts. So this thread will stay up for now.
EDIT: I apparently do NOT have permissions to delete my posts either. I can only delete the last post I've made (probably the last in each thread, and probably only if no-one else has made a post after it).

I know a lot of code languages, but sadly phpBB is not one of them... And I am a bit rusty in the ones I know... (C++ is my favorite)

I wonder where the rest of the Nixie Chessboard buyers are. Have they just not noticed the forum link?

Just joined :) getting more excited too!! :lol:

Post Sat Sep 15, 2012 10:34 pm

What's up with this?

nixievxb.PNG
nixievxb.PNG (170.34 KiB) Viewed 20566 times

nixievxa.PNG
nixievxa.PNG (151.57 KiB) Viewed 20566 times

nixievxp.PNG
nixievxp.PNG (81.69 KiB) Viewed 20566 times
Asperger's... SQUIRREL!

Site Admin

Post Sat Sep 15, 2012 10:47 pm

Re: Permissions/Bugs

One day I'll finally get all the permissions to sit down and behave... I checked that one a few times, now find it was set to undefined.

It's just for discussion about a possible future version that I thought would be easier there than by email.

Post Sun Sep 16, 2012 4:16 am

Why do only You and Salt Maple seem to have access though?
Asperger's... SQUIRREL!

Site Admin

Post Mon Sep 17, 2012 1:25 am

It was just set up to continue an email conversation we are having, it isn't part of the current chessboard kit.
Next

Return to Nixie Chessboard V1