Clock PCB batch 2 top tracks:

Clock PCB batch 2 component overlay:

Nixie PCB batch 2 bottom tracks:

Nixie PCB batch 2 top tracks:

Nixie PCB batch 2 component overlay:

jmmcg

Re: PCB assembly discussion

Post by jmmcg »

I appear to have the batch 3 motherboards. I note that there is no USB socket on these, apparently. Nor can I find any instructions relating to soldering it on. Nor can I find a USB socket in the parts. Am I to presume that power now comes from the USB power cable which is now a captive lead that must be fed through an end-cap and some form of strain-relief & pull-through mitigation made?
Last edited by jmmcg on Sun Jun 07, 2020 5:26 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Tony
Site Admin

Post by Tony »

USB sockets haven't been used since 2016, I didn't like the plug sticking out of the side. Connection is covered in page 3 of the PCB assembly instructions, strain relief is a channel cut into the wood end piece to hold the wire but if you have the clock only you'll need to use a tiewrap to hold it to the PCB
jmmcg

Post by jmmcg »

I have wired the boards together and put in L1 . I do not see "00+00" (with the "+" alternating with "-"). What I see is "15+15" with the "+" alternating with "-". The all the amber LEDs flash, the blue LEDs light with a slight flicker.I presume this is o.k.? I'm pretty sure it is: the last numeral changed from "5" to "6" in about a minute, then "7" likewise...
Tony
Site Admin

Post by Tony »

Yes, the cylinder clock starts at 15:15.