Piece base case

Assembly instructions for our limited edition OXO board

Site Admin

Post Mon Dec 07, 2015 8:03 pm

Piece base case

Really all that's needed is sand the top flat (wet sanding is best). Round off the edges and engrave the top if you want or leave it as is - then colour the piece with gold/silver paint/coloured wax/whatever you want to use. Drop the piece PCB assembly in and use a little glue (from the top) to hold it in place. Push in the nixie.
I used hot melt engravers wax for the ready built board pieces - despite the burned fingers it does work well.

Post Sun May 03, 2020 7:02 pm

Re: Piece base case

I note that the NIXIE holders have an internal shoulder onto which the PCB sits so the pins of the NIXIE show. Yet when I try to sit PCB (with a NIXIE with clean pins) in it, the NIXIE will not strike. With the top board & as a test with the base board on top (for a double thickness) the NIXIE strikes, but at the height of the internal shoulder (in the holder) this raises the pick-up coil (on the NIXIE PCB) too high and it simply will not strike. Can you advise me please?

Post Mon May 04, 2020 12:27 pm

Re: Piece base case

jmmcg wrote:I note that the NIXIE holders ... XXXsnipXXX .... Can you advise me please?

Ooops. *shame* I had them upside down. They are fine. Apologies.

Return to OXO board assembly instructions