ceramic capacitors

Stephend

ceramic capacitors

Post by Stephend »

Hi Tony, I have started assembling the thermometer kit and have reached the part where you have to fix in the brown ceramic capacitors, I have noticed two of them are marked 333, the other one is slightly larger and marked xf030. I am new to electronics so I was wondering if the larger one is safe to fit as it looks different to the others?
Stephen Dixey
Tony
Site Admin

Re: ceramic capacitors

Post by Tony »

Hi,
That is the polyfuse, not a capacitor. Best to read through all the assembly instructions first to see where it's used.
66LUX

Post by 66LUX »

Hi Tony,

My batch 4 kit didn't come with a polyfuse. It has a 0.47 ohm resistor in the packet that I can only assume is R28.
I'd rather put in a polyfuse, but I need to know what to buy. What are the voltage and current ratings?
Tony
Site Admin

Post by Tony »

Hi,
When did you buy it?, I haven't supplied fusible resistors for a couple of years now. It's a 300mA polyfuse, if you email me your address I can post one out to you.
66LUX

Post by 66LUX »

Hi Tony,

Wow. Just checked and I ordered it in February 2017!
It's been sitting on the shelf waiting for three years lol
I bought another one because I could never get my previous one to work again.

I'm in Australia, so I'd rather not wait for you to post now that I've actually started the project.

Does this look like the correct one? https://au.rs-online.com/web/p/resettab ... s/4950713/

Cheers, Dale
Tony
Site Admin

Post by Tony »

This would be a better choice:

https://au.rs-online.com/web/p/resettab ... s/6917557/

Slightly cheaper as well.