floating off angle

agricola64

floating off angle

Post by agricola64 »

the floater holding the nixies is floating level (horizontal) but its long axis is twisted (in the horizontal plane) by about 25 or 30 degrees off the long axis of the base .

also - the center of the floater is not over the center of the base, but offset by a few centimeters aong the long axis of the base ..

how does one correct these two items .. ?
Tony
Site Admin

Re: floating off angle

Post by Tony »

The magnet can be rotated to align it to face forwards and will tilt slightly (can be twisted) to correct slight tilting. Any larger amount will probably require small magnets attached to the floating section. Usually the float close to horizontal but some combinations of magnets will accentuate slight anomalies in the magnetic field.

If you mean the centre of the top isn't over the centre of the base, that can't happen as it's determined by the toroidal magnet in the base itself. Could you post a photo of it?.
agricola64

Post by agricola64 »

how is the magnet fixed to the floating base .. ? i do not want ot use foce to take it off

i will measure the centers - perhaps i just had the impression its off center becasue of the twist (was just eyeballing it)
Tony
Site Admin

Post by Tony »

If it's the Relay it's sandwiched between layers of machined paxolin, with some room to move about. It can't be removed without dismantling the case but a small screwdriver can be used to rotate or twist it in the case. Could you post a photo of it floating?
judge

Post by judge »

You can take a small magnet (I used one of the ones I pried off the electromagents in the base) and attach it to the back of the base in the middle. It works great. You don't need to glue it or anything, it will just stick there of its own accord.