Powering up the complete parts

Assembly instructions for the V1 chessboard.
The_Ed

Re: Powering up the complete parts

Post by The_Ed »

I'm down to $110.40 for all the brass hardware excluding the miscellaneous brass screws/nuts/washers for various odds and ends in the base. I have a feeling those will add up as I'll have to purchase more than I need of everything... It's still gonna cost over $300 when all is said and done (adding in the power supply, other components, the wood and stain, router bits for my dremel, and miscellaneous brass screws/nuts/washers). So it's gonna be close to $800 total, or if you include all my other equipment upgrades close to $1000... :cry:

At least I've been able to find some cheaper sources, and cut out unnecessary extravagance. That's saved over $100 already!
Asperger's... SQUIRREL!
bstott

Post by bstott »

So - upgraded shop toys, er, tools. Lots of shiny toys, er, hardware. An awesome new chess toy, er, set. You'd better be publishing pictures of this $2500.00 chess set in the playing - building. :lol:
The_Ed

Post by The_Ed »

^ I'm confused...

It may get close to ~$1200 if I get a router, which I should, resistance is futile... My poor wallet...
Asperger's... SQUIRREL!
Tony
Site Admin

Post by Tony »

Considering how many extra parts you've added to make a checkers set and glass/paxolin top options it may have been easier to have just bought 2 kits ;)
The_Ed

Post by The_Ed »

Don't tempt me... This one is already costing me a fortune...

If you ever make those IN-28 and IV-29 base pieces I'll get those from you, how about that?
Asperger's... SQUIRREL!
Tony
Site Admin

Post by Tony »

An error has just been pointed out to me, I've marked a + connection in the first photo that isn't there on that particular board. I've edited it to remove the error.