Permissions/Bugs

Discussion for purchasers of our original IN-7 Nixie chessboard
The_Ed

Permissions/Bugs

Post by The_Ed »

I do not have permissions to post anything in "General discussion". Just thought I'd let you know. I will delete this when it's fixed (if I have the permissions to do that).

I thought I was a "Global moderator" at first because my username is green, and the legend says global moderators are green. But then I noticed that they are different shades of green... You should change one of their colors to avoid confusion, or just make me a global moderator. ;)
Last edited by The_Ed on Sat Sep 15, 2012 10:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Asperger's... SQUIRREL!
Tony
Site Admin

Re: Permissions

Post by Tony »

There's probably going to be a few problems as it's not really live yet, let me know if you find anything else I need to fix.
The_Ed

Post by The_Ed »

"Global moderator" color is fixed - it is blue now.

"General discussion", "Mad science Nixie clock - TBA", and "Desk thermometer TBA" are locked down and only you have permissions to them. Only "General discussion" should be opened though as the other 2 are future project subforums.

I haven't found any other "problems" yet. Just issues that are of no concern to this forum's purpose. If you want I could list them for your review later, but they are trivial.
Asperger's... SQUIRREL!
The_Ed

Post by The_Ed »

The subforums/threads are all unlocked now.

* I do NOT have permissions to delete threads I make, only posts. So this thread will stay up for now.
EDIT: I apparently do NOT have permissions to delete my posts either. I can only delete the last post I've made (probably the last in each thread, and probably only if no-one else has made a post after it).

I know a lot of code languages, but sadly phpBB is not one of them... And I am a bit rusty in the ones I know... (C++ is my favorite)

I wonder where the rest of the Nixie Chessboard buyers are. Have they just not noticed the forum link?
Asperger's... SQUIRREL!
Tony
Site Admin

Post by Tony »

I've made a standard user account to have a look at these problems but want to get the first few kits out first. I just have to keep juggling things, making a little progress on each as there isn't time to complete one thing...
It does seem you're the only one to have found the link and I don't want to announce it until the bugs are ironed out. Luckily most of it doesn't need direct editing of the code, just setting options. It's a matter of finding out which options to set as there are quite a few levels of authorisation.
SpankyMcSpank

Post by SpankyMcSpank »

The_Ed wrote:The subforums/threads are all unlocked now.

* I do NOT have permissions to delete threads I make, only posts. So this thread will stay up for now.
EDIT: I apparently do NOT have permissions to delete my posts either. I can only delete the last post I've made (probably the last in each thread, and probably only if no-one else has made a post after it).

I know a lot of code languages, but sadly phpBB is not one of them... And I am a bit rusty in the ones I know... (C++ is my favorite)

I wonder where the rest of the Nixie Chessboard buyers are. Have they just not noticed the forum link?

Just joined :) getting more excited too!! :lol:
The_Ed

Post by The_Ed »

What's up with this?
nixievxb.PNG
nixievxb.PNG (170.34 KiB) Viewed 36538 times
nixievxa.PNG
nixievxa.PNG (151.57 KiB) Viewed 36538 times
nixievxp.PNG
nixievxp.PNG (81.69 KiB) Viewed 36538 times
Asperger's... SQUIRREL!
Tony
Site Admin

Re: Permissions/Bugs

Post by Tony »

One day I'll finally get all the permissions to sit down and behave... I checked that one a few times, now find it was set to undefined.

It's just for discussion about a possible future version that I thought would be easier there than by email.
The_Ed

Post by The_Ed »

Why do only You and Salt Maple seem to have access though?
Asperger's... SQUIRREL!
Tony
Site Admin

Post by Tony »

It was just set up to continue an email conversation we are having, it isn't part of the current chessboard kit.