Just about halfway complete...

Discussion for purchasers of our original IN-7 Nixie chessboard
sean4star

Just about halfway complete...

Post by sean4star »

...at least if you don't include cleaning up and painting the top of the board and the display piece covers. I'm just talking about all the electronics.

I've finished exactly half of the board, tested and working, and 11 of the 32 display pieces, also tested and working. And another 8 display coils wrapped and soldered to the PCB, waiting for the rest of the components. So I'm pretty close to halfway. I've posted a bunch of pictures and videos to my blog. I started the blog so my less techy (geeky???) friends and family can see what sorts of crazy I'm up to. But anyone else interested is welcome to visit.

The blog is Too Many Obsessions

But if you want to skip everything else then go straight to my Lasermad Nixie Chess Kit page
SpankyMcSpank

Re: Just about halfway complete...

Post by SpankyMcSpank »

Really nice blog, great chronicle of a great project, well done mate.
Interesting to see the new pcb version too, looks nice.
Tony
Site Admin

Post by Tony »

Thanks for posting these, it's great to finally see a couple of kits being built. Would you mind if I posted a link to your blog on the front page?.
sean4star

Post by sean4star »

Sure thing! I've never done a blog before, or posted videos to YouTube, or recorded myself doing anything. It's all just a bunch of fun for me, but if anyone else enjoys it all the better.

I've been thinking about videoing the assembly of one row of the board. It will probably be pretty long and I was worrying it would be too boring watching me solder for half an hour (or probably more). I don't know how to do the whole time-lapse thing...I'll probably go ahead and make the video, but I wonder if there is any interest?
fdastoor

Post by fdastoor »

i will be interested in the video
sean4star

Post by sean4star »

Sure. I'm just now getting back to finishing my board. I have 1 and a half rows left, so I will video the last row. Maybe next week when the wife and kids are gone to visit the in-laws.
fdastoor

Post by fdastoor »

did you ever video completing the row?